Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nuggets and Pictures....

Tonight Megan and I decided to eat some chicken nuggets and she was determined to eat them on her own. It was great, but at the same time she would go and grab the biggest piece from my hand and then inspect it. She would not let me put the food in her mouth, but instead she decided it was much better to take the piece from my hands and do it herself. She seemed to have gotten her second wind from our late dinner and afterward walking around holding my hands, crawling all over my bed and jibbering about something. Ba-ba and da-da are the most recognizable words, but I think she also came out with na-na a few times.

The pool was amazing to get into. The room is so warm with the thermostat set at 25degrees c. There are 2 windows that can open, but only 1 will stay propped open. The cooler doesn't do much to help. Honestly, I think these people are a little nuts. They keep the inside temperature so warm, the fridge temperature is also pretty warm, but they love their spicy food....for every single meal. Each day at breakfast I am amazed to see soups, rices, full salad bar and tons of spicy noodles etc. So different than what we are used to. Some days there are even mini cold cut sandwichs with a toothpick holding them together!

I got to go back to Carrefour today with our tour guide and a small group of people. Since I had been there before it was useful finding things everyone needed, and having Michael the tour guide was great because he would translate for us. The way he took us was a little easier than last nights adventure, but now I know two ways. He also took us to a deparment store before Carrefour, so now I know where yet another random store is. The 7th floor was where all the baby stuff was, but all the other floors looked like a US department store in the city.

Tomorrow we are going to Wal-Mart and to see the Pandas so I should get all those pictures up in the next day or so. And of course tons more of Megan coming out of her shell more and more! Good night from Chongqing...I'm still working on how to link all the pictures to the blog for everyone. I currently have them loaded on picasa but every time I link to them, it becomes a page where you need to log in. I am going to do a little test and hopefully have it all fixed by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment